Tutor Perini was founded in 1894 by a stonemason named Bonfiglio Perini. His grandson, Lou Perini, took over the company and moved it into real estate by developing 4,500 acres in Palm Beach County, Florida.
Later ventures were not successful and Lou Perini and in 1997 control was given to an investor group led by Ronald Tutor and Richard Blum. The company subsequently changed its name to Tutor Perini.
Today Tutor Perini is one of the largest hotel and casino builders in the United States. The company also builds schools, health care facilities, industrial buildings, and airports.
Through its subsidiaries, the company provides pre-construction services, general contracting, equipment, materials, and subcontracting.
Tutor Perini is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TPC, is #586 in the Fortune 500, has 10,206 employees, and had $4.17 billion in revenue in 2013.