Aaron’s was founded as Aaron Rents in 1955 by current Chairman Emeritus Robert Charles Loudermilk.
In 1964, the company began renting furniture.
In 1982, the company went public.
In 1987, the company enters the rent to own business after acquiring Ball Stalker.
In 1990, Aaron’s begins to offer franchise opportunities.
In 2008, the company sold their corporate furnishings division to Berkshire Hathaway.
In 2009, the company changed their name to just Aaron’s, Inc.
Today, Aaron’s has over 2000 stores in the lower 48 states and Canada. Over 1200 of those stores are corporately owned.