L.L. Bean Corporate Office AddressL.L. Bean
15 Casco St.
Freeport, Maine 04033
Contact L.L. BeanPhone Number: (207) 552-3028
Fax Number: (207) 552-3080
Email: Email L.L. Bean
ExecutivesCEO: Stephen Smith
CFO: Mark Fasold
COO: Ken Kacere
L.L. Bean History
Leon Leonwood Bean, a hunter and fisherman, developed a waterproof boot which was a combination of leather uppers and rubber bottoms, and named it the Maine Hunting Boot in 1912. He sold them at first through a mail order circular and then through a four-page mail-order catalog.
This boot, now named the L.L. Bean Boot, is still a staple of the company’s product line.
L.L. Bean opened its flagship store in Freeport, Maine in 1917. This store is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and has only closed four days since 1951: two Sundays when the blue laws were changed in Maine in 1961, to honor the death of President Kennedy, and to honor the death of the company’s founder in 1967.
L.L. Bean continues to be a family company and the current leadership includes Shawn Gorman, great-grandson of the founder.
L.L. Bean has 115 stores in the United States and Japan, has 5,500 employees, and had $1.61 billion in revenue in 2014.