Hollywood Park Casino was founded in June of 1910 as the Hollywood Turf Club, a horse racing facility, owned by Jack Warner of Warner Brothers Pictures and numerous other investors. The park was closed during WWII, but reopened in 1945. Although numerous celebrities could be seen there, the park always appeared to be on the verge of bankruptcy
In 1994, the park added a card playing casino to the racetrack. The company was sold in 2005 to the Bay Meadows Land Company, with the stipulation that horse breeding and training would continue for at least 3 years. Despite numerous efforts to keep the track open, the company decided in 2013 to keep the casino and sell the racetrack.
The track will be made into a football stadium in 2017. The Hollywood Park Casino continues to prosper. Headquarters for the company are in Inglewood, California, right outside Los Angeles.