Dietsch Brothers Ice Cream was founded in Findlay, Ohio, in 1928 by the Dietsch family, Edward, along with his sons Chris, and Don. The company operates an ice cream and confection shop. Edward Dietsch passed away in 1934 and his wife just a few years later. The company was abandonded for several years, until it was reopened by Chris and Don after they finished school.
The company operates a small chain of large candy, pretzel, and ice cream shops in the Findlay area. The store is best known for ice cream, but it also offers hand made chocolates, pretzels and chocolate covered pretzels, nuts, truffles, popcorn and carmels. The company also offers party service and boxed gift sets.
The company is still family owned and operated by Jeff, Tom, Sherrie, and Jeff’s daughter Erika. The company has two stores, the main store on West Main Cross Street and one on Tiffen Avenue.