Les Schwab Tire Centers began in 1952 when Leslie Schwab purchased OK Rubber Welders tire store in Prineville, Oregon.
In 1966, Schwab decides to operate OK Rubber Welders as a separate company. He changes the company name to Les Schwab Tire Centers.
By 1972, there are 35 tire center stores.
In 2000, Modern Tire Dealer magazine names Les Schwab Tire Centers as dealer of the year.
In 2006, the company was sued over allegations of gender based discrimination. The case was settled out of court in 2010.
Dick Borgman is named as CEO in 2006.
In 2007, founder Les Schwab died.
In 2008, the company headquarters moves from Prineville to Bend, Oregon.
Today, there are over 375 Les Schwab Tire Centers in 9 Western US states.