Chi-Chi’s Pizza was founded in 1958 in Panorama City, California, by Frank Paul “Judge” Miccolis. Miccolis grew up in Italian restaurants that his father owned in Indianapolis. He wanted to bring real Italian pizza to Southern California. The name comes from a nickname his father had.
The company acquired Lido Pizza in 1967. The company opened two more locations in Simi Valley and Saugus, California shortly after. In 2001, the company closed the aging Panorama City store and opened a new location in Canyon Country, California. Judge Miccolis passed away in 1992, however, the company is still owned and operated by his son.
Chi-Chi’s Pizza currently has 5 locations and also owns the Carson Peak Inn, located in June Lake, California.